FOBL News: Draft Pool Revealed
Sunday, February 11th, 2063
The 2063 amateur draft pool was published today with barely a mention on BNN. But then, fans rarely get drawn into amateur drafts. The players are not known commodities and they're not tangible, recognizable names. They might be five years down the road, but casual fans don't get sucked in by "might be," they get excited about what is happening in the here and now. Over the next 30 days, scouts will assess their possibilities, run mock drafts and formulate their plans.
To help them, Front Office Baseball League has posted an interactive draft section on its Transactions page, which will be available for 65 days before draft day.
The top players available (in no particular order) seem to be:
1. Ted Alvarez, 17 year-old SS out of high-school.
2. Sam Harrison, 21 year-old CF out of college.
3. Rylan McNally, 20 year-old RHP out of college.
4. Tom Doran, 20 year-old RHP out of college.
5. Tommy Powell, 19 year-old CF out of high-school.
6. Tristan Herrington, 21 year-old CF out of college.
7. Tom Fleischer, 22 year-old CF out of college.
8. Jamie Cutright, 22 year-old CF out of college.
9. Alex Saldivar, 18 year-old RF out of high-school.
10. Tony Fernandez, 22 year-old RF out of college.
You can find the draft pool in the league transactions screen (league menu).
FOBL News: Pre-Season Begins
Saturday, February 10th, 2063
The 2063 schedule has been released and it is time to start thinking about baseball again. Executives, coaches, players and fans are all anticipating what is in store for Front Office Baseball League this year.
Please don't forget to set your scouting budget and player development budget during the pre-season!
BNN Stats: Active Career Pitching Leaders
Monday, February 5th, 2063
Which active pitchers are leading the Front Office Baseball League in career innings pitched?
Manny Reyes, -, 5062.1
Gene McClendon, -, 4839.1
Zach Graham, -, 4352.1
Chamois Bates, -, 3987.1
Pat O'Donnell, HOL1, 3595.0