Thread: BRE Block

Default BRE Block

My trigger finger is high on the list of things that are itchy for me these days. To that end, the following guys are available:

SP Tom Watford
    SP Corey Banks
    SP Ernie Otto
    OF Pat Bowden
    OF Pat Durham

Looking for the usual: salary relief, picks, prospects
    Last edited by CJP; 07-11-2017 at 02:31 PM.
    "You know, some people say life is short and that you could get hit by a bus at any moment and that you have to live each day like it's your last. Bullshit. Life is long. You're probably not gonna get hit by a bus. And you're gonna have to live with the choices you make for the next fifty years."
    -Chris Rock

FOBL Board of Governors Hollywood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    I'm sitting here, actually weighing the pros and cons of these two assholes, and I'm like, why is shaw trying to fuck a man with no grease, right here in front of god, Subby, and everybody? If my team were worth giving a shit about, I'd punch myself right in the nuts for even considering this offer. Watson is two years younger, has three pitches, and an 8 movement vsRHB. Plus, he once pitched a NO-HITTER against the Guerneville Lumberjacks with 2 strikeouts and 3 BB allowed! On the other hand, he was a choad the two seasons I had him on the big club and couldn't even crack my shitty roster last season. My team is sure to suck again this coming season and he won't change that. So, what the fuck does it matter what I do with him? Send me Ivan Garces and I'll have that fucker throw batting practice in AAA the rest of his miserable life.

Edit: Posted
    Last edited by CJP; 06-30-2017 at 11:42 AM.
    "You know, some people say life is short and that you could get hit by a bus at any moment and that you have to live each day like it's your last. Bullshit. Life is long. You're probably not gonna get hit by a bus. And you're gonna have to live with the choices you make for the next fifty years."
    -Chris Rock

FOBL Board of Governors CubsFan915's Avatar

I heart CJP.
    Richmond Confederates

Gindin League Wild Card 2008, 2018, 2028
    Prairie Division Champion 2009
    Gindin League Champion 2028
    Vaughan League Division Semi-Finalist 2036, 2037, 2038, 2048, 2052, 2053, 2054, 2055, 2056
    Skates Division Regular Season Champion 2057
    Skates Division Playoff Champion 2057
    Gindin League Division Semi-Finalist 2058

Pleasure doing business with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Pleasure doing business with you?
    Damn pleasurable. I feel like I just got my ham glazed.
    -Chris Rock

Bump for update
    -Chris Rock

Bump
    -Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by CJP View Post
    I'm sitting here, actually weighing the pros and cons of these two assholes, and I'm like, why is shaw trying to fuck a man with no grease, right here in front of god, Subby, and everybody? If my team were worth giving a shit about, I'd punch myself right in the nuts for even considering this offer. Watson is two years younger, has three pitches, and an 8 movement vsRHB. Plus, he once pitched a NO-HITTER against the Guerneville Lumberjacks with 2 strikeouts and 3 BB allowed! On the other hand, he was a choad the two seasons I had him on the big club and couldn't even crack my shitty roster last season. My team is sure to suck again this coming season and he won't change that. So, what the fuck does it matter what I do with him? Send me Ivan Garces and I'll have that fucker throw batting practice in AAA the rest of his miserable life.

Edit: Posted
    Just an update for those who are keeping score at home: so far this season in AAA, Ivan Garces has been sloshing around a full can of kerosene on the mound, pitching to the tune of a 5.50 ERA while giving up 3 dingers and 8 walks in 18 IP. Yeah, no surprise, he is a gigantic pile of suck and a waste of flesh. As for Dwaine Watson, he's slotted as a SP in AAA and having a fair bit of success: a 2.91 ERA and a 1.00 WHIP in 34 IP. Despite the imbalance in their performance, I feel like I won this trade. Garces is doing me a favor by shitting his pants in AAA, as there's no way I'll even consider promoting his mutt ass to the majors. Watson, though, is pitching well enough that he just might tempt Steve to give him a shot in the majors at some point. When that happens, though, he's sure to revert to form and start issuing about five free passes every nine innings and getting lit up like a Xmas tree. That will cost Hollywood a few games, until they give him a one-way ticket back to Silicon Valley. Victory over the eyebrow is mine!
    -Chris Rock

You won the trade

Bump. Banks and Bowden could definitely help a contender. I think Otto and Durham are good bets to step it up a bit in a better situation (which is pretty much everything that is not the toxic waste dump that is my organization). As for Watford, yeah, he's probably cooked, but you could roll the dice on him.
    -Chris Rock