Thread: A New Era in Manhattan

Default A New Era in Manhattan

Press Release! Manhattan Starbirds to re-brand at season's end!

With the Manhattan Starbirds recently finding themselves under new ownership much attention has been focused on the future of the franchise. With a healthy amount of good, young talent on the roster, and the veteran standout quarterback Brock Rogan there has been a definite sense of optimism for the future surrounding the franchise. How will new ownership factor into that? New owner John Waylon answered some of those questions at a press conference earlier today.

"First and foremost, I just want to put to bed any speculation of relocation. As an owner you simply could not ask for a better market and fan base than Manhattan. We have a loyal, very rabid fanbase and I value that, personally. Being able to take over this franchise in it's current state has been a great opportunity. We have a lot of good talent on this team, and a couple of guys who could turn out to be super stars. There are definitely far worse positions to be in than the one this franchise is in. We are in excellent shape salary cap-wise, and we are very confident that we will be able to build a competitive, successful team."

When asked if there were any changes in store for the Starbirds, Waylon answered "Not any immediate changes, no. That would be counter-productive to our goal to put a winning product on the field. We're already into the regular season and that is where our focus is right now. Long term? Yes, change is inevitable. I want to turn this into a perennially successful franchise, not one that has to rebuild after every few years. We will always be keeping an eye on the future, but we will always keep an equal eye on the present. I'm not afraid to gamble. I'm not afraid to make any move I feel to be in the best interest of the franchise. That's my job. Everyone and everything will be in constant evaluation at all times."

Finally, the team has announced that it will have a new identity at the end of this season. "The Starbirds are great, don't get me wrong," Waylon began "But if I may be completely honest, I don't think it is an identity that strikes the impression that we will be looking to impose moving forward. Once this season concludes we will cease to be the Starbirds, and we will turn to the future as the Manhattan Mayhem. The future is bright. Embrace the Mayhem."

Ok, so I may have changed my mind. After 13 players on my roster caught the flu this week we're now looking for a new janitorial staff. Interested parties should apply within.

You know, I used to think that event was silly but with MRSA and all that...

Blue, blue, the sky is blue, the grass is green and your heart is true,
    You got more colors than I ever seen, pink, red, yellow and in between.

Quote Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
    You know, I used to think that event was silly but with MRSA and all that...
    Ha, yeah that is becoming a more common issue.

I've had a flu outbreak before in SP, but it was only 7 guys. This one almost doubled that. I was quite surprised when I saw all those red crosses. I feared the worst and that we had just been thoroughly slaughtered.

Very cool logo! Good luck, Mayhem.

FOBL Board of Governors Draft Dodger's Avatar

yeah, dig that logo!