Thread: Set injuries to zero?

Default Set injuries to zero?

Maybe this could be the hook for the FOFL - moving in a different direction than the various ideas that I and others have wheeled about elsewhere?

If we set injuries to zero, we would take a lot of uncertainty out of the league, and give owners like me a bit more certainty and stability during the season. I realize it's a sacrifice in realism, but it might be worth doing to add enjoyability. Might actually be a fit for the pace and culture of FOFL.

Thoughts?

FOBL Board of Governors Morgado's Avatar

This is the kind of change that could actually make FOF fun to play.

*shurg*

Okay i'll get out of this league's treehouse now.

Davenport Falcons - 2043 FOBL Solecismic Series Winners

(05 OCT 2011) 09:56:52 am [kurtism]: morg is the honey badger of economic analysts
    Jenny's Constant = [(7^((e/1)-(1/e)) - 9)]*(pi)^2
    I ♣ baby seals.
    *shurg* \_(ツ)_/

I prefer to keep injuries in. Would make no sense to spend any time on backups if they can never play.

'Tragedy is when I stub my toe. Comedy is when you fall down a manhole and die." - Mel Brooks

"Prophet Harold Camping who predicted the end of the world has died. That's kinda sad but its not the end of the world" -
    Eric Idle

I've been thinking that a no injury league could work. But wouldn't this make the cap situation here even more ridiculous?

Owner/GM - Alabama Pink Elephants

FOBL Board of Governors Hollywood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frozenrope View Post
    I prefer to keep injuries in. Would make no sense to spend any time on backups if they can never play.
    They would still play based on your starters' endurance.

Quote Originally Posted by TRO View Post
    I've been thinking that a no injury league could work. But wouldn't this make the cap situation here even more ridiculous?
    I'm essentially throwing in the towel on the ridiculous cap situation, and trying to find some other way up the mountain.

For me, I still enjoy playing in the league with everyone here, and would like to continue. If I could do so with a "set it and forget it" approach (take care of business in the offseason and not worry about submitting files every few days while we go through the season) that would greatly improve my ability and willingness to continue doing so. So, for me there's definitely a selfish motive.

However, i know that some people also dislike the fluky nature of injuries in the game - so removing that element of randomness might have a separate appeal, and my guess is that might be a bigger hit in this league than in most others. This idea would be a complete non-starter in some of the fast-moving high-intensity leagues elsewhere -- but maybe it would be appealing here. Seemed worth a shot.

I think it's worth a shot, but I'd worry a little about recruiting new owners.

FOBL Board of Governors Draft Dodger's Avatar

I'm in favor

I'm pretty hands off as it is (*accepts award for understatement*), so this would be fine with me.

Hmmmmm.....

I like the realism. That being said, I would play whichever way people choose.
    - Myrtle Beach Magicians (since 2043)