Thread: Dukes Sizzles, Capital City Fizzles

Default Dukes Sizzles, Capital City Fizzles

Saturday, September 17th, 2039: The Capital City Metropolitans met their match today in Orono hurler Jerry Dukes. He kept them guessing the whole game and spun a 6-hit shutout.

"He just worked us over like a nuclear powered vibrator up the poop chute," the Capital City skipper said. "He probably didn't even take a shower after the game. I don't think he even worked up a sweat, hell, they could probably pitch him again tomorrow. Thank goodness the ump called the game at the end of 6 innings due to the new ineptitude rule, we were seriously concerned about our player mental states and have called counselors in to be available in case any players request them."

The Capital City skipper continued... "It was a good old fashioned whooping mostly done fair & square but there were a few things that I am still a bit annoyed about. Dukes pitching that final inning in his street clothes was uncalled for, and I'm surprised the umpires allowed that. Also the Orono shortstop was texting with his back to home plate for most of the 5th inning. That was a bit disheartening for us, at least for our middle of the order hitters. Additionally, at one point there were 5 Orono runners on 3rd base. I tried to get the umps attention but he was busy telling a joke to their on-deck batter. I guess that didn't matter much when they all scored on a sacrifice fly, but it still seemed a bit irregular, to me at least. Finally, I was disappointed that the Orono manager did not allow our infielders to use shin-pads for final three innings. We've got some serious bruising going on here, bad enough that a few guys might have to be DL'ed."

FOBL Board of Governors Hollywood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Grant View Post
    "He just worked us over like a nuclear powered vibrator up the poop chute," the Capital City skipper said.
    aka Friday night