Thread: My proposal for DH

Default My proposal for DH

It seems that there are some people in both leagues that would really like the DH.

I personally don't favor it, but wouldn't necessarily mind it - as I think it really gives an identity to each league.

My proposal is this.

Make the DH active in the Vaughan League, and everyone who is adamantly against it can switch with someone who really wants it in the Gindin League.

we should be able to keep good geographical balance, and make several if not all people happy.

Ann Arbor, of course, is not allowed out of my division, so Pass's opinion simply does not matter. And Ann Arbor smells.
    FOBL Owner Emeritus

- Columbus Crocodiles/Columbus Cutthroats
    - Inaugural Solecismic Series Champions
    - Calzone Division Champions 2001-2006

I am in gindin and really want a DH...

any takers for a swap?

As a Vaughn leaguer opposed to the insidious malevolence that is the DH, I would be happy to move over to the Glorious Enlightenment that is the Gindin league.

Kurtis
    GM/Owner
    Indianapolis Ice Weasels
    "Where all the home games are night games"

2016, 2021-2022, 2030, 2042 Solecismic Series Champions
    2008, 2016, 2021-2022, 2030, 2042 Vaughan League Champions
    2008 - 2010, 2016 - 2022, 2028 - 2033 Calzone Division Champions
    2040-2042 Ice Cream Sandwich Division Champions

Vivat Grendel!
    2006, 2036-37, 2039 FOFL Champs
    2004, 2007 - 2010, 2013, 2019, 2020, 2022, 2024, 2028 - 2030, 2033 - 2037 AC South Champions

Anyone in Gindin who wants to use the DH, let me know if you want to swap. I'm in Vaughan and am strongly anti-DH.
    "You know, some people say life is short and that you could get hit by a bus at any moment and that you have to live each day like it's your last. Bullshit. Life is long. You're probably not gonna get hit by a bus. And you're gonna have to live with the choices you make for the next fifty years."
    -Chris Rock

Beloved Former Owner petrochile's Avatar

Default Seminole Honkies

No offense Cactus, but i do not want you in the Gindind League, I don't want my team beaten by billyclubs and such. The fine people of the Seminole I.R. have been bullied enough by this government and it's people.

For the record I like the type of Ball and Beer you will be drinkin Cactus!

Petrochile
    CEO, GM, and MAscot for the Seminole Honkies
    Larry Horse thinks the FOFL is too drafty

Default Re: Seminole Honkies

Well, petrochile, you actually don't have to worry about your team being beaten with billyclubs or having their heads lopped off when they visit the Riz -- my policy applies only to the fans and my own team's players. So, the only people you'd have to worry about would be any of your fans who wanted to travel with the team or any lunatics in the Philly area who liked your team and came out to see them on the Billyclubs' turf. Those folks would just have to show some commonsense and leave their Honkies merchandise at home.

Now, as for wanting to not get beaten by THE Billyclubs, I can't help you with that. That's what's gonna happen when you step between the lines with us.

re: the beer. After my job interview this afternoon and the offer that should be extended, I will be celebrating tonight with some good ol' Schaefer and PBR. Good stuff!
    "You know, some people say life is short and that you could get hit by a bus at any moment and that you have to live each day like it's your last. Bullshit. Life is long. You're probably not gonna get hit by a bus. And you're gonna have to live with the choices you make for the next fifty years."
    -Chris Rock

Beloved Former Owner Allosaurus's Avatar

Default Utah Raptors

I'm willing to switch to the DH league.. assuming that STK is willing to re-align the leagues at this point. If not, that's fine too.

The whole world is a circus if you look at it the right way. Every time you pick up a handful of dust, and see not the dust, but a mystery, a marvel, there in your hand, every time you stop and think, "I'm alive, and being alive is fantastic!" Every time such a thing happens, you are part of the Circus of Dr. Lao.

I'm willing to switch as well, if there is a DH League I hope to be a part of it.
    Capital City Metropolitans 50 Fucking Years Old!!!

Selmer8

ot to haggle on this, but since 7 people in the Gindin League voted for a DH, and 5 people in the Vaughan League voted for it, this might be easier if we did it the other way around.

Personally, I have no preference, but I do kinda like being in the Calzone Division!

Not to quibble with you Selmer, but the current vote tally in Gindin is 8 for no DH, 6 for yes DH.

I didn't check Vaughan...is it possible that you've got your names mixed up?

Edit: I just checked Vaughan...9 for no DH, 5 for yes DH.

Seems like a pretty even split right now...personally, I want to stay in Gindin/Dola. I can understand people wanted to switch leagues, but STK has been busy inputting data...ugh. Total is 17 no DH, 11 yes DH...so obviously several people want a DH league. Seems like designating one or the other is the best choice, and reorganizing the league structure based on DH preference is the best idea. Sounds like some retyping STK...hmm.
    FOBL Las Vegas Lightning Owner & GM, 2001-2012.
    Manager of the Year, GL: 2001 * Dola Division Champion: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2009

FOBL Charleston Thunder Owner & GM, 2022 - 2023.
    Nor'Easter Division Champion: 2022

FOFL Las Vegas Curse Owner & GM, 2003-2004.
    AC Champion: 2004 * AC North Champion: 2004 (6-0) * AC Wildcard: 2003

OldSchool

I'd like to be in the No-DH league if possible...

Default RE: DH Proposal

Actually, STK can just go to edit league structure and hit swap on the teams to switch. Simple and no retyping.

Owner/GM - Alabama Pink Elephants