Thread: Fake Baseball Reference for the 2025 season

Default Fake Baseball Reference for the 2025 season

... is up now .

Changes & notes:
    - Added new team logo's but don't worry, no player photo's using the facetool app are included.
    - Added a couple of long missing player nicknames. More can be added, changed, or removed going forward so post in this thread if you have any opinions about this.
    - The HOF pages should be up to date now.
    - Missing awards: No top owners from 2024 but they are up to date for all previous seasons. No top fireman or MVP awards for the last four seasons, and the Silver Slugger, Platinum Pitcher, and Rookie of the Year displayed for the last four seasons are the ones chosen by OOTP.
    - If you want pre and post All Star game team record splits Catobase supports this feature, just petition the BOG to use OOTP for All Star selections going forward .
    - It may be possible to fix a Catobase fielding win-shares bug, so if anyone has knowledge about this bug (Duke often mentioned this in the past) please post the problems you see in this thread.
    - Arthur Millikan of Milwaukee has the new highest single-season batting average for AAA!
    - The Catobase DB uses the OOTP team code as a primary key in some tables, so it errored out multiple times due to the return of the TRE (Trenton) team code this year. The workaround I used was to change all pre-2024 'TRE' references to 'TRN'. This may result in some unusual pages for this team so if you see anything funky please report it in this thread as I may be able to manually correct any display flakiness in future FBR versions (assuming we are able to continue the FBR pages). If we have similar circumstances in the future it might be wise to use a new OOTP team code for the returning team.

Finally...

Seamus (The Family Guy fisherman with wooden limbs): "Arrr, the owners who have changed their OOTP name in the last few years have had their managerial records combined in FBR and no longer be listed separately. Aye sir, that means the owners with previously split managerial statistics, including the names of Josh, Fritz, & pbot, would no longer be split up and so if it's joined owner stats ye be looking for then the 2025 FBR is the place to start because the records compiled under even slightly different OOTP manager names have now been joined as if they were one single owner. That is to say if you now be looking at these owners FOBL career stats in FBR, they will be represented as a single entity, not split into two, as was the case in some prior versions of FBR, including last years version. The main bullet point of information, if you will, that I'm trying to convey here is that that previously separated owner stats have now been combined."
    Capital City Metropolitans 50 Fucking Years Old!!!

Owner and GM, Washington Piledrivers and Virginia Woodchucks Subby's Avatar

ungh ungh ungh!!!!!
    Virginia Woodchucks 2001-2035, 2039-present
    2004, 2010 Solecismic Series Champions
    Gindin League Champions (4) 2004, 2010, 2032, 2060
    Wilderness/Skates Division Champs (9) 2001, 2004, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2045, 2048, 2058, 2060

Owner and GM, Washington Piledrivers and Virginia Woodchucks Subby's Avatar

Just FYI - the totals for career leaders in WinShares is wrong for JJ and Newquist - guessing that has to do with TRN - TRE.

http://www.thefobl.com/reference/fbr...scartotal.html
    Virginia Woodchucks 2001-2035, 2039-present
    2004, 2010 Solecismic Series Champions
    Gindin League Champions (4) 2004, 2010, 2032, 2060
    Wilderness/Skates Division Champs (9) 2001, 2004, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2045, 2048, 2058, 2060

There you go again, showing off your nickel package again, but like I say every time you drop this delicious little treat on our laps, you da man Buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Just FYI - the totals for career leaders in WinShares is wrong for JJ and Newquist - guessing that has to do with TRN - TRE.

http://www.thefobl.com/reference/fbr...scartotal.html
    Yup - it appears to be doubling the 'TRN' era (2001-2021) stats for these players, not good. Keep this bug in mind when viewing totals for any player that played in Trenton pre-2022 when that franchise moved to Charleston for a few seasons. If I can't get a workaround for past seasons then we may want to try reverting the old Trenton team ID to 'TRE' and changing the latest Trenton team ID to something else.

Update: The issue above is specific to a winshares table where indeed all pre-2022 TRE player records are duplicated for that team, so hopefully that is the only section where you'll see data error for old Trenton players. I have fixed the duplication in the master winshares DB but this might be something that regenerates automatically when running the html output from Catobase, so no guarantee on this fixing the incorrect html winshares totals for 2001-2021 Trenton players. If time permits and enough changes are requested I will rerun the html from Catobase.

BTW, Ohl is still the career winshares leader if there was any serious doubt.
    Last edited by Buddy Grant; 01-27-2007 at 07:28 PM.

FOBL Board of Governors Hollywood's Avatar

You so rule... again and again and again.

Buddy Grant is the greatest thing about being in the FOBL.
    LOS ALAMOS NUKES
    VL Pennant Winners - Solecismic Series Champions: 2027, 2029
    Darn Tootin' Division Champions: 2020, 2027, 2028, 2029
    VL Wild Card: 2021, 2025, 2026, 2030, 2031 (VPI!)

I have updated the leader-boards pages so the Trenton-related winshare dupe issue should be solved now. If anyone sees other funky stuff related to the TRN/TRE Trenton players let me know and I can probably update them as well. It looks to me like it's all in order now.

I don't see the 2025 season up there....

Unfortunately that will have to wait a bit longer yet, I won't have any free weekend time until August 25. If I can get it started before then I will, but that is real doubtful. This should not inconvenience anyone though - these are all old stats now and I think the only reason for doing this would be some closure, a farewell to the halcyon days of the FOBL's OOTP3-5 era.

Thanks for letting me know, Buddy. No rush, just wondering.