PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Contract Extensions: Milwaukee

Hollywood
07-02-2002, 09:47 AM
Please reply in this thread, listing the names of the players you wish to offer contract extensions to. DO NOT list your offer -- ONLY the players' names. No other information should be in your post. Please list the players one to a line, eg:

Player 1
Player 2
Player 3

Please list the players in this order: SP, MR, CL, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF. It makes it easier for me to check requests.

When it comes time to make offers to your players, please keep the following in mind:

-- Owners have 2 tries to resign a player. If the player refuses the owner’s first offer, the owner may make one more offer. If the player rejects the second offer, the player becomes a free agent and may be signed by any team in the Off-Season free agency process.
-- Contract offers can be for no more than 5 years in length.
-- If a player makes a specific dollar request, under no circumstances can you offer less money than what he is asking.
-- If a player does NOT make a specific dollar request (ie, "I'll probably test the market..." or "Let me hear your offer"), you may offer him a contract for ANY amount, but the length still may not exceed 5 years.
-- If a player makes a specific contract request that exceeds the FOBL-imposed limit of 5 years in length, the owner attempting to resign the player has two options:
a. He may offer the player in question a contract of equal or greater dollar value for a term less than what the player is asking, up to 5 years in length. The owner assumes some risk in that if the player rejects the offer, said owner can make only one additional offer.
b. Alternately, the owner may offer the player a contract of equal or greater dollar value for a term equal to the player’s request. If accepted, the Commissioner will subsequently edit the length of the player’s contract to 5 years. Under no circumstances can an owner offer a player a contract that is both more than 5 years in length and less than the player’s request.
-- Owners are allowed to offer Minor League contracts when attempting to resign their own players.

Bing
07-02-2002, 02:43 PM
SP-Sonnenberg
SP-Castro
MR-Hutsell
C-Blackmon
1B-Borque
2B-Artis
SS-Shepard