PDA

View Full Version : 2003 CONTRACT EXTENSIONS: Orlando

CubsFan915
01-24-2002, 12:15 PM
Please reply in this thread, listing the names of the players you wish to offer contract extensions to. DO NOT list your offer -- ONLY the players' names. No other information should be in your post. Please list the players one to a line, eg:

Player 1
Player 2
Player 3

When it comes time to make offers to your players, please keep the following in mind:

-- Contract offers can be for no more than 5 years in length.
-- If a player makes a specific dollar request, under no circumstances can you offer less than what he is asking.
-- If a player does NOT make a specific dollar request (ie, "I'll probably test the market..." or "Let me hear your offer"), you may offer him a contract for ANY amount, but the length still may not exceed 5 years.
-- If a player makes a specific contract request that exceeds the FOBL-imposed limit of 5 years in length, the owner attempting to resign the player has two options:
a. He may offer the player in question a contract of equal or greater dollar value for a term less than what the player is asking, up to 5 years in length. The owner assumes some risk in that if the player rejects the offer, said owner can make only one additional offer.
b. Alternately, the owner may offer the player a contract of equal or greater dollar value for a term equal to the player’s request. If accepted, the Commissioner will subsequently edit the length of the player’s contract to 5 years. Under no circumstances can an owner offer a player a contract that is both more than 5 years in length and less than the player’s request.
-- Owners are allowed to offer Minor League contracts when attempting to resign their own players.

Vaj
01-24-2002, 09:36 PM
P W. Jewell
P E. RIchards
P H Bayles
1B C Shipton
SS W Deeter
SS G Rosa
RF K Priestley

|Vaj|Jan. 24, 2002 -- 21:40-->

Simms
01-26-2002, 11:23 AM
P W. Jewell
RESPONSE: $731,000 / 2 years

P E. RIchards
RESPONSE: Probably I'll test the market, but let me hear an offer.

P H Bayles
RESPONSE: $256,000 / 2 years

1B C Shipton

SS W Deeter
RESPONSE: $3,410,000 / 3 years

SS G Rosa

RF K Priestley
RESPONSE: Please let me hear your offer.

Vaj
01-26-2002, 06:29 PM
P W. Jewell
OFFER: Oh, OK.  $731,000 / 2 years it is.  Your supurb first half can't be ignored.

P E. Richards
OFFER:  You may want to look at your ERA before testing the market.  For no good reason, I'll offer you $1,000,000 / 3 years

P H Bayles
OFFER:  Geez, I am a softy.  $256,000 / 2 years it shall be

1B C Shipton
OFFER: Same as when I picked you up off of the free agent scrap heap: $200,000 / 1 year

SS W Deeter
RESPONSE: $3,410,000 / 3 years
OFFER:  You can take your delusions of grandeur to the free agent market.  Prepare to be slapped around.

SS G Rosa
OFFER:  Although your range at short ain't what it used to be, we'll offer $2,200,000 / 4 years

RF K Priestley
OFFER: $1,650,000 / 4 years.  That's over $400k per HR you've hit for me.  I think I'm being more than reasonable.

Simms
01-28-2002, 12:39 PM
P W. Jewell
OFFER: Oh, OK.  $731,000 / 2 years it is.  Your supurb first half can't be ignored.
RESPONSE: SIGNED

P E. Richards
OFFER:  You may want to look at your ERA before testing the market.  For no good reason, I'll offer you $1,000,000 / 3 years
RESPONSE: The amount of $ is not enough!

P H Bayles
OFFER:  Geez, I am a softy.  $256,000 / 2 years it shall be

1B C Shipton
OFFER: Same as when I picked you up off of the free agent scrap heap: $200,000 / 1 year
RESPONSE: I want more years!

SS G Rosa
OFFER:  Although your range at short ain't what it used to be, we'll offer $2,200,000 / 4 years
RESPONSE: I want more money!

RF K Priestley
OFFER: $1,650,000 / 4 years.  That's over $400k per HR you've hit for me.  I think I'm being more than reasonable.
RESPONSE: I don't want so many years!

Vaj
01-28-2002, 01:39 PM
P E. Richards

COUNTEROFFER: $1,260,000 / 3 years.  Take it or leave it.

1B C Shipton
RESPONSE: I want more years!

COUNTEROFFER:  $25 to pay for the moving company to clean out your locker.

SS G Rosa

COUNTEROFFER:  Is $2,500,000 / 4 years enough money for you?

RF K Priestley
RESPONSE: I don't want so many years

COUNTEROFFER: $1,800,000 / 2 years.

Simms
01-28-2002, 01:56 PM
P E. Richards
COUNTEROFFER: $1,260,000 / 3 years.  Take it or leave it.

SS G Rosa
COUNTEROFFER:  Is $2,500,000 / 4 years enough money for you?

RF K Priestley
RESPONSE: I don't want so many years
COUNTEROFFER: $1,800,000 / 2 years.